Stay involved in your child’s education.
- Play games when you are at home.
- Go on a letter or word hunt
- Read stories together
- Count items in your house
- When you and your child are driving in the car, have your child tell you the letters, numbers or words he or she sees.
- In the car you can play addition games. Give you child a math story. For example, “I bought 3 red apples at the store and then I bought one more. How many apples did I buy?” Your child can use fingers to figure it out.
- Include your child in cooking dinner and use math to help
- At sporting events, go on a number hunt. Ask your child, "What numbers do you see on the players' jerseys?" or "What is the score of the game?"
- Use money to count and skip count. Children love money because they can see how it directly relates to real life experiences!